Friday, November 9, 2007

Sweet Nostalgia

You like me?

You grew up with the first Nintendo, the Sega Megadrive and the revolutionizing Super Nintendo? You remember those good old driving games? One of my favourites was Top Gear on the Super Nintendo, which among other things had really, really cool music.

And it seems I'm not the only one who thinks so. In the youtube clip under you can hear the original start-up song for the game, British rockband Muse's sampling of the song and lastly but not leastly, Brazilian game-metal band Megadrive's version of a song from the game!

Megadrive ang game-metal is a gem for a nostalgian like myself, although some of it is a little too metal-like for my taste. The quality of their clip on youtube is not too good, but if you enter their site you can find mp3 quality clips of their songs. I recommend the Top Gear song Let's go, plus of course the Sonic the Hedgehog stuff..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.